France Furlong, Great Linford, Great Linford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK14 5EH, UK
Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College have a new career opportunity for a workplace trainer with expert skills in the field of Engineering to motivate train and develop our apprentices.
The role of a workplace trainer is dynamic, varied and highly rewarding, working with employers, apprentices and curriculum teams. Workplace trainers are assigned a caseload of apprentices to train and assess throughout the evolution of their apprenticeship. You will maintain a strong working relationship with your apprentices and employer links to ensure that apprenticeship standards are being met and that apprentices are progressing to complete on time.
A significant amount of the training that is delivered by workplace trainers is completed as part of apprenticeship programmes, and the school has strong relationships with key engineering employers such as Niftylift and Nissan Technology.
We are looking for those with the skills and knowledge from the engineering industry to enhance the learning experiences for our apprentices; as such, we are open to receiving applications from those with a teaching qualification.
As the successful candidate for the position of workplace trainer, you will be supporting apprentices through their engineering apprenticeship. This is hugely popular vocation with a high demand. You will ensure that learners are assessed and supported through their apprenticeship to allow them to progress into their chosen career
More about the rewards
• 30 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• On-site Early Years Nursery
• Discounts within The Graduate Salon and The Brasserie restaurant, based at Bletchley Campus
• Continued Professional Development Opportunities
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Free Parking at our main campuses
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
• Plus many more
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £26,000 – £32,000 per annum
Closing date: 14th November 2017
As a successful candidate you will have…
• A minimum of a level 3 qualification in Engineering
• A recognised teaching qualification
• An Assessor/Verifier Award
• Relevant Engineering experience and/or occupational competence in the subject
• Experience of designing and delivering workplace skills and knowledge training sessions
• Experience of assessing NVQ/Apprenticeships
• The ability to assess/train creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of students and be willing to explore new learning strategies
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
• Good organisational skills and be able to meet deadlines Must have a full clean driving licence and access to their own transport.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands
Jobs at Milton Keynes College – Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.